This phenomenon affects various fields, including education, healthcare, and finance. It is a growing problem worldwide. Unfortunately, today’s technology has made it much easier for these individuals to produce and distribute fake credentials and for employers and organizations to be deceived.
So How does fake certificates affect Universities and other certificates providers?
Fake certificates and credentials can cause significant damage to universities and other educational institutions in various ways:
- Reputation damage: Using fake certificates and credentials can damage the institution’s reputation, causing people to question the value of the degrees and qualifications it awards.
- Loss of accreditation: Using fake certificates and credentials can result in the institution violating certification and regulatory standards, leading to the loss of accreditation and funding.
- Legal liability: Universities and other educational institutions can be held liable for any harm caused by individuals who use fake certificates and credentials obtained from their institution.
- Financial loss: Universities may incur costs associated with investigating and preventing fake certificates and potential legal charges if they are negligent in preventing the use of fake certificates.
- Loss of accreditation: The use of fake certificates can result in the university or certificate provider being found in violation of accreditation and regulatory standards, which can lead to the loss of accreditation and funding.
- Loss of prestige: Universities may lose their stature in the eyes of employers, students, and the general public if it is found that they have awarded fake certificates.
- Damage to the reputation of their graduates: When fake certificates are found to be issued by a university, the importance of the graduates of that university is also damaged, as employers might question their qualifications.
Universities and other educational institutions need to take proactive steps to detect and prevent the use of fake certificates and credentials to protect their reputation, comply with regulations, preserve standards, and protect the interests of their students and graduates.
How to protect your educational institution from fake certificates?
A solid solution is a must for this problem, and we’ve developed our latest solution, DocuTag.
DocuTag is a simple-to-use solution for organizations looking to digitize their certification process efficiently and secure their certificates’ authenticity.
How? Docutag uses the latest technologies, such as blockchain, to give each of your certificates a unique QR code that can’t get copied and that anyone can scan to verify the authenticity of the certificates in seconds.
DocuTag enables the universities to:
- Upload raw data in spreadsheet format.
- View and manage all certificates in one place.
- Protect all certificates with blockchain.
- Verify credentials with a simple QR code scan
Related: Why DocuTag is the Best Certificate Management Solution?